30.3.05

New friends!

After a few days of getting to know my new team and the area I'll be living and working in for the next several weeks, things are starting to pick up! A Nigerian girl about my age, whom I will call Jenny, who is a young believer invited me over to her "pension," a converted hotel the government is using to house the refugees. There I met her Austrian friend Katharina, who has been discipling her, along with Jenny's friend from Afghanistan. Let's call her Fatima. We talked about our families and languages and had a great time that ended with prayer. It's pretty cool to pray with a Muslim for the first time! She seems curious and open, so please pray for more opportunities to share Christ with her. I also went to a local church with Jenny and Katharina for the college-age youth group and tried out my German on some Austrians, who told me I speak with a Germany-German accent instead of the Viennese accent they prefer! Today I met several new refugees from Nigeria, Russia and Palestine at computer cafe. I'll write more later since I have to grab some lunch and get back to the computer cafe! Thanks for your prayers- I can see God working already and I can't wait to see what He has in store!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home